Hadlee Simons/ Android Authority
Great morning, Daily Authority readers. Tomorrow is my birthday, and I’m considering gifting myself a new laptop computer. My eyes are on the brand-new MacBook Pro with the M2 Pro processor since I’ve been a macOS user for a while now. Here’s hoping I can convince myself to invest a bomb on the important things. Are you also seeking to update your device? Here’s a list of a few of the very best laptop computers you can purchase today. Without additional ado, here’s what’s developing in the tech world today.
The Google Pixel’s photography weak point
Hadlee Simons/ Android Authority
There’s no denying that Google makes some pretty terrific phones. The Pixels are especially adept at photography thanks to Google’s excellent computational tune-ups owing to its vast experience in AI and machine learning. However there’s one area where we feel the Pixel phones are lacking when it comes to taking pictures, and it’s got absolutely nothing to do with the cams.
- The Pixel 6 and Pixel 7 are some of the very best electronic camera phones out there today. The range upped the ante with a large 50MP primary camera, an impressive periscope lens on the Pro designs, and a host of neat features.
- However, there’s one significant defect with Google’s Pixel line-up, and that’s the accessory ecosystem.
- Regardless of having a credibility for a first-class cam experience, there are relatively couple of camera-related devices out there for Pixel phones.
- There are a number of alternatives, like Minute’s (M)Force cases, permitting you to use MagSafe devices on your Pixel, however that’s the degree of the third-party camera accessory ecosystem for Google’s phones.
- Needless to state, Pixel-specific add-ons are in brief supply.
Lessons from the previous
- This is a far cry from camera-related accessories for smart devices in the past.
- 2013’s Nokia Lumia 1020 and 2016’s LG G5 both offered video camera grips. Huawei launched snorkel cases for 2018’s Mate 20 Pro and later on. Third-party brand name Kraken has launched universal dive cases over the last couple of years too.
- We’ve even seen Essential providing a detachable 360 video camera module for the ill-fated Essential Phone.
- Meanwhile, Motorola’s Moto Z series of mobile phones provided a number of camera-related Moto Mod add-ons.
- There’s definitely scope for Pixel camera accessories for enthusiasts or for specific circumstances.
- We ‘d like to see Google and its partners launch unique devices to take advantage of the outstanding Pixel video cameras.
- Do you agree? Take our survey here and have your say.
Ryan Haines/ Android Authority
Envision being an Ivy League teacher and getting random messages from prisoners. Well, it’s taking place to this Harvard professor who says he gets thank-you notes from inmates, a few of whom are privately using mobile phones to take his complimentary computer-science class.
- An inmate in Georgia informed The Marshall Task he utilizes a contraband phone to teach other detainees.
- He stated he runs a group message of 300 prisoners, teaching them computer technology using Harvard’s CS50 online course.
- The group message likewise includes detainees in other states.
- In addition to inmates taking online classes like the male in Georgia, some impersonate regular trainees in online classes, something that online learning through Zoom allows.
- David Malan, the Harvard teacher who teaches the course, states he’s gotten thank-you notes from prisoners who took the class.
- Malan motivates incarcerated students to reach out to him if they have difficulty accessing the course.
- It’s good to know not all illegal phones utilized in prison are indicated for well-known activities. It’s also one helluva initiative by the detainee who made the group message.
Have a nice day!Comments